Recipe by valerie-lynn82
When I saw this recipe I thought it would make a great fall dish. I haven't tried it yet but when I first saw this recipe it made my mouth water.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple, cinnamon and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add chicken stock and water. Cover. Simmer for 15-20 minute or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoons water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.