Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From TOH Fall 2006 Cooking for 2. This recipe looks perfect for my diabetic DH and me.
Make and share this Apple-Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour apple juice and water over chicken; brush with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
- Transfer pan juices to a saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.