1/3 Photos of Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash Microwave-Style!
Only 7 ingredients and made in the microwave, so you can throw this together in a jiffy. Great comfort food for the fall and winter months. Tart, sweet and good for you too. Perfect for those on a low sodium diet. NOTE: I have made the celery optional and I agree it is better without. I also use WAY more butter and cinnamon than what the recipe calls for :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (or cherries, I have also used dried apricots)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (can substitute 1/4 tsp cinnamon with a dash of nutmeg if need be)
- 1Cut acorn squash in half, lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds and fiber.
- 2In a shallow microwave-safe dish, place squash cut-side down. Put 1 tbsp of water in bottom of dish. Microwave covered on high power 7 minutes until almost tender.
- 3In the meanwhile, combine apple, celery, cranberries, brown sugar, spice and butter in a mixing bowl.
- 4When squash is done, turn them over. Fill centers with apple mixture. Microwave covered on high power 5 minutes longer until squash and apple filling are tender. Let stand 3 minutes in microwave after done cooking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash Microwave-Style!
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 111.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g