1/2 Photos of Apple Strudels
You can substitute another fruit for the apples, such as cherries, pears, or apricots. Posted for ZWT 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 425F degrees. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- 2Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the butter and cook the apples for 2 minutes until lightly golden. Add the orange juice, honey, sugar, and raisins. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the apples are just tender. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- 4Place sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Fold in half and make small cuts in the folded edge of the pastry at 3/4 inch intervals. Open the pastry and sprinkle with half of the ground almonds.
- 5Drain the apple and place half of the apple in the center of the pastry. Brush the edges with egg and fold together, pressing firmly.
- 6Place the strudel on the cookie sheet, seam side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle with half of the combined sugar and cinnamon.
- 7Make another strudel with the other sheet of pastry and the remaining apple filling.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crisp.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Strudels
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.3
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 185.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g