Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful apple muffins with a crumb topping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375º and grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
We love these, though we like them much fruitier. We leave everything the same except for the apples, which we double or triple so that when you're filling the muffin cups, it feels like you're filling them with some apples covered in batter. They are just glorious like that. Unhealthy still, but so good.