1/3 Photos of Apple Strudel Easy!
This is made easy with store bought puff pastry. I used a mix of dried nuts and dried fruit but you can use either or.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 apples, cord and sliced super thin on a mandolin
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup mixed nuts, dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F
- 2Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- 3Stir sugar cinnamon, lemon juice, salt, nuts, vanilla, and flour together.
- 4Mix in apples gently.
- 5Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle. With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry sheet to within 1 inch of the edge. Roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Tuck the ends under to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture. Cut several slits in the top of the pastry. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes or until the strudel is golden brown. Let the strudel cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Strudel Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: