Recipe by Beve
A somewhat new and different way of making streudel. Hope you like it.
Top Review by Myrna 2
Like it? I LOVE IT!!!!!!I lost mine years ago, never replaced it. But I got a craving and found yours. Boy am I glad I lost mine.! This is absolutley Delicious! Now I have to buy more cans of apple filling.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 7 cups peeled sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- First Layer: In processor, put: cake mix, coconut, and butter.
- Pulse till crumbly.
- Scatter over bottom of sprayed pan.
- Second Layer: Combine: apples, sugars, cinnamon.
- Spread over 1st layer.
- Third Layer: Blend: egg, sour cream, 1 tsp sugar.
- Spread atop apples.
- Bake 350°F in 9 x 13 pan for 45 minutes.
- It's done when a knife poked in center reveals a spongy, cake-like texture on bottom layer; top will be somewhat gooey. NOTE; (toothpick test won't work).