1/2 Photos of Apple Strudel
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix apples with raisins, lemon rind, sugar, cinnamon, and almonds; set aside.
- 2Place 1 phyllo leaf on a kitchen towel and brush with melted butter.
- 3Place a second leaf on top and brush with butter again.
- 4Repeat until 5 leaves have been used, using about 1/2 cup of butter.
- 5Cook and stir bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of butter until lightly browned.
- 6Sprinkle 3/4 cup crumbs on the layered phyllo leaves.
- 7Mound 1/2 of the filling in a 3-inch strip along the narrow end of the phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border.
- 8Lift towel, using it to roll leaves over apples, jelly roll fashion.
- 9Brush top of the strudel with butter and sprinkle with 2 tbsp crumbs.
- 10Repeat the entire procedure for the second strudel.
- 11Bake the strudels at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned.
- 12NOTE: Frozen phyllo leaves for strudel can be found at most supermarkets in the frozen foods sections.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 491.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of