1/1 Photo of Apple Strudel
A yummy recipe from Beyond Parsley cookbook. This makes 2 strudel rolls. If you're not familiar with phyllo dough. It can be delicate. I unroll the phyllo sheets and keep them covered with a slightly damp, clean kitchen towel - taking out 1 sheet at a time to work with. This keeps your phyllo from drying out. Use a pastry brush to spread the melted butter on the phyllo sheets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1Sprinkle the apple slices with the lemon juice and toss to coat completely.
- 2Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped walnuts. Add this mixture to the apples and combine gently. Set aside.
- 3Brush one sheet of phyllo dough with some melted butter; sprinkle with a fine layer of the ground nuts.
- 4Place second sheet directly over the first sheet and brush with butter and sprinkle with another fine layer of ground nuts.
- 5Repeat this procedure until there are 5 sheets.
- 6Then place half of the apple/walnut mixture along the long edge of your prepared phyllo , fold over extended sides of sheets (to cose ends) and roll like a jellyroll.
- 7Repeat that process to make one more strudel.
- 8Place strudels seamside down on a buttered (or sprayed with Pam) cookie sheet and then brush the strudels with a little more of the melted butter.
- 9Score the tops.
- 10Bake 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees F. , or until golden brown.
- 11Dust the strudels with confectioners sugar , slice and serve warm!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1903.3
- Calories from Fat 1296
- Total Fat 144.1 g
- Saturated Fat 64.2 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1361.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 77.3 g
- Protein 19.6 g