Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the Michigan Apple Board. I have not tried it as of yet.
Make and share this Apple Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 5 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed vanilla wafer
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In 2 quart saucepan, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in pecans and cool.
- Place phyllo dough on dry surface. Quickly cover with plastic wrap. Place 1 sheet of the pastry on dry surface and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 Tbs. wafer crumbs. Repeat with 3 sheets of phyllo pastry. Place last sheet of phyllo pastry over wafer crumbs. Coat with cooking spray. Place apple mixture about 4 inches wide about 2 inches from edges on short side of pastry. Roll apples tightly in pastry. Fold under ends. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 about 35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.