Recipe by manushag
Easy elegant dessert...serve warm with ice cream. Can also be made with one sheet of puff pastry. Just slice vents in top and bake.
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 cups apples, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer phyllo sheets on a buttered cookie sheet by brushing each with melted butter and sprinkling cookie crumbs in between until all sheets are stacked.
- Mix the apples with lemon and add walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Pour apple filling across center of phyllo and fold phyllo to cover filling. Roll into a log, turning in sides as you go.
- Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle leftover cookie crumbs on top. Can also sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake at 350°F until browned, about 45-50 minutes.