Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy to make and great with vanilla ice cream served over it....
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (20 ounce) cans sliced apples, well drained..*NOT APPLE PIE FILLING
- 1 (5 ounce) jar walnuts in syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice (contains cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375'.
- Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange crust in 8 inch square baking pan (dough will extend up sides of pan); coat pie crust lightly with cooking spray.
- Add butter to saute pan; swirl to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until cornstarch dissolves.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.