Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
--Adopted Recipe-- Cooking time includes resting time for dough.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg yolk (for wash)
- cold water
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 4 medium mcintosh apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Work butter into flour with a fork and add sugar, sour cream, and lemon rind, kneading to form a dough.
- Form into a roll, wrap in waxed paper, and let rest for 1/2 hour.
- Cut roll in half. Roll out 1 part to fit a 9"x9" pan. Line with apple slices and sprinkle with raisins and sugar.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips to form a lattice pattern on top of the apples.
- Brush with egg yolk, to which a little cold water has been added.
- Bake at 325 degrees (Fahrenheit) for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar while still warm, if desired, and cut into 1" x 2" strips.
- Serve warm or cold.