From Jean Pare.
Make and share this Apple Streusel Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely grated peeled cooking apple (such as McIntosh)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold hard margarine (or butter)
- Measure first 4 ingredients into large bowl. Stir. Make a well in centre.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in small bowl. Add apple. Stir. Add to well. Stir until just moistened. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Topping: Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on batter. Bake in 400ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
They were awesome!! My husband loved them and they taste just like they do in the store. Thank you for this recipe. I would totally recommend it to everyone!! Mel F.
My kids loved these and no one could tell there was any grated apple in them. Thanks for the recipe.
This is soooo good! Made exactly as directed, except used Braeburns and added about 12 C chopped walnuts. No need to wait for Xmas. Served with honey butter; what a delightful treat with coffee!