Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yummy sauteed apple, cinnamon, caramel topping and home made streusel... mmmm.... from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, plus
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold butter, divied
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped peeled golden delicious apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- For streusel, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in 3 Tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Cool slightly; break into small pieces.
- Cool completely.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Stir in the apple, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until apple is tender; cool.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk to 175F, stir in sugar until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, cream and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Add apple mixture to each batch of ice cream; freeze 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon a third of the ice cream into a freezer container.
- Top with a third of the streusel mixture.
- Drizzle with a third of the caramel topping.
- Repeat layers once.
- Top with remaining ice cream.
- With a spatula, cut through ice cream in several places to gently swirl layers.
- Cover; freeze overnight.
- Garnish with the remaining streusel and caramel topping.