Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, plus
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cold butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup golden delicious apple, chopped, peeled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- For the streusel, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minute.
- Cool slightly; break into small pieces. Cool completely.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in the apple, sugar and cinnamon. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk to 175°F; stir in sugar until dissolved, then cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk mixture, cream and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Add apple mixture to each batch of ice cream; freeze 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon a third of the ice cream into a freezer container. Top with a third of the streusel mixture. Drizzle with a third of the caramel topping. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining ice cream. With a spatula, cut through ice cream in several places to gently swirl layers. Cover; freeze overnight. Garnish with the remaining streusel and caramel topping.