Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a Blueberry Coffee cake that I tried from the Penzey catalog. As with any recipe that I tried that they had posted it was great. I modified this because I wanted to try it with apples, and to fit what I had on hand. The response from the group I served it to was good.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese (whipped in blender until smooth)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- Mix dry ingredients for cake batter and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer, then add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition Add the vanilla& cottage cheese alternately with flour mixture; mix well.
- Combine the streusel ingredients EXCEPT THE APPLES.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of streusel.
- Add apples to remainder.
- In greased bunt pan spread 1/3 of batter, then 1/2 of apple mix, 1/3 of batter, remainder of apple mix, remainder of batter.
- Top with 1/2 cup streusel that was set aside.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool 10 minutes and take from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar when completely cool.