1/2 Photos of Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This lovely coffeecake is not only topped with delicious apples, but also a wonderful streusel topping crowned with a powdered sugar glaze as well. This recipe was adapted from CooksRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- 4Beat eggs, milk and vanilla in another small bowl.
- 5In a large mixing bowl combine sugar and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- 6Alternately add flour mixture and egg mixture, beating well after each addition; end with flour mixture.
- 7Spread into prepared cake pan.
- 8Arrange apples on top, gently pressing into batter.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes.
- 10While the cake bakes, make the streusel topping by combining flour, powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 11Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- 12To make the glaze: mix together powdered sugar and enough water to form a smooth consistency that is just thin enough to drizzle; set aside.
- 13When the cake is ready, sprinkle top with streusel topping.
- 14Bake for 15 to 18 more minutes, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 15Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 16Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g