Recipe by Mom2Rose
Oatmeal cookie mix and pie filling make it easy to get a delicious apple pie-like bar.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces betty crocker oatmeal cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup firm butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookie mix in large bowl.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and coarse. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumbs in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- In medium bowl, mix pie filling and cinnamon.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes longer or until light golden brown.
- Cool about 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.