Recipe by Rhonda *J*
This is yummy & a nice change from the usual chocolate, cherry, etc. cheesecakes.The crust is a nice change also from the graham & chocolate ones. A tip that was listed is that you can make this ahead of time, pop it in the freezer,ready to serve for up to 3 months! Store right in the springform pan covered in plastic wrap and just thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use.
Top Review by Beeks
I was going to post this recipe but you beat me to it. This is simply one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. It's like an apple crisp and cheesecake all in one. I made it for Christmas last year and it didn't last long. I find it quite addictive, I kept eating little pieces all thru the night.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- 3 apples
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml whipping cream
- 250 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1 lemon juice, & rind
- 118.29 ml flour
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- For the crust: Cream butter& sugar thoroughly, blend in flour.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- For the filling: Peel, core& halve the apples.
- Cut into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- In frypan,melt sugar with butter over medium heat,cook apples for 3-5 minutes or just until tender (and lightly browned) but not mushy.
- Add cream and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until just blended.
- Beat in sour cream,lemon rind& juice.
- Using a slotted spoon arrange apples over crust,cover with cheese mixture.
- For topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Cool thoroughly at room temp.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.