1/1 Photo of Apple Streusel Cake
1 hr 35 mins
This is a traditional German dessert given to me by my German friend Nicola. It's some work, but absolutely delicious and worth it! The streusel amounts are approximate as you have to mix it together with your hands until you reach the perfect crumbly texture that make it streusel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup wheat flour (or you can add another cup of all purpose flour or cake flour)
- 8 ounces butter or 8 ounces margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2-3/4 cup almonds, grated
- 3 -4 apples, sliced
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1Mix ingredients for the dough in a large mixing bowl until completely mixed.
- 2Spread out dough on a lightly oiled 13x9 inch baking dish. Flatten the dough in the pan until it reaches all the corners and equally distributed.
- 3Place sliced apples on top in 2 to 3 rows slightly overlapping each other.
- 4Sprinkle cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground nutmeg on top.
- 5Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 7Make the streusel: in a separate bowl mix butter, flour, and sugar together with your hands until it forms small crumbles. You may need to add more flour to the mixture until you reach the desired crumbles.
- 8Sprinkle streusel (butter, flour, and sugar crumbles) on top.
- 9Bake for about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Streusel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 212.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: