Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe I have yet to try, but I do love my apples! The only ommissions I made were the nuts (I'm not a nut fan), but if you like you can add 1 cup sliced almonds, pecans, or walnuts to the streusal. This recipe could double as muffins as well.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fat-free margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick fat-free margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grase a 9 or 10 inch bundt pan.
- In medium bowl prepare streusel by mixing the first five ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. In another bowl, use a mixer on medium to beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla.
- At low speed, beat flour mix and orange juice into egg mix. Spoon half of the batter into the pan and sprinkle with half of the streusel.
- Spoon remaining batter over the streusel and make it even. Swirl with a knife to make a marble pattern.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven to sprinkle the remaining streusel on top. Bake for another 30-35 minutes and test with a toothpick.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice and mix well. Turn cake onto a serving plate and drizzle glaze over the cake.