Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from my monthly Lowes magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup fine chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 lb rhubarb, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 baking apple, peeled and sliced thin (granny smith)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the topping ingredients together in medium bowl, mix till crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine all filling ingredients in large bowl and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to 8x8 dish.
- Crumble topping evenly on top.
- Bake till fruit is tender when pierced with fork and top is crisp, 30-35 minutes.
- At 20 minutes, cover with foil if needed to keep top from over-browning.
- Cool 20 minutes, serve.
We made it without the rhubarb and it still turned out great.