Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
For fall brunch.
Make and share this Apple Strata recipe from Food.com.
- Put half the bread cubes in a lightly oiled 11x 8 inch baking dish.
- Distribute cream cheese cubes over bread cubes.
- Top with apples and raisins; cover with remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together.
- Pour over bread mixture; be sure bread is completely covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°; bring strata to room temperature before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes, until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes; sprinkle with powdered sugar or pass maple syrup at the table.
- Cut into squares and serve.
This ws yummy, but the top was too cruchy. Next time, I will cover it for the first half of cooking and then uncover it.