Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light breakfast or nutritious snack! I like a crunchy, tart apple, like Granny Smith.
- 1 large apple, your favorite type
- 1 banana, not too ripe
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (use as much as you like)
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins
- Slice apple, vertically. Like so you have thin, round slices. When you come to the core halfway through, turn apple and make more slices. Then when you get back to the core simply chop off the crescent-shaped pieces on the side of this "core slice" and snack on them while you --
- Slice the banana into medium-thick rounds.
- Stir raisens into the shredded carrot.
- Now to assemble stacks: Spread some almond butter (or your favorite nut butter) on a slice of apple. Place two or three banana slices on top. Then scoop some of the carrot/raisen mix on top of the bananas.
- Eat carefully, it can fall apart! Makes me feel like I'm eating a plateful of appetizers :-).
These are really good! I didn't have almond butter (or almonds to make some with) so I used peanut butter. I very yummy lunch! Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
Made of a whole plate of these little buggers & they were a big hit! Followed the recipe but every 3rd one had a differenent 'butter' on it ~ almond (which I purchased just for this), a cashew butter I made up, & recipe #182612 from a previous tag! All of them were very nice, but the nut butters really added to them! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my raw food teammates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap II]
These are really tasty and healthy to boot. I made them quickly tonight after our evening meal when my kids asked if there was anything for dessert. At first I thought they would complain because it isn't a typical item you would serve for such, but they all enjoyed them and asked if I would please, make them again. I think this will become a staple snack food at our house.