Recipe by White Rose Child
A light breakfast or nutritious snack! I like a crunchy, tart apple, like Granny Smith.
- 1 large apple, your favorite type
- 1 banana, not too ripe
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (use as much as you like)
- 1 -2 tablespoon raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apple, vertically. Like so you have thin, round slices. When you come to the core halfway through, turn apple and make more slices. Then when you get back to the core simply chop off the crescent-shaped pieces on the side of this "core slice" and snack on them while you --
- Slice the banana into medium-thick rounds.
- Stir raisens into the shredded carrot.
- Now to assemble stacks: Spread some almond butter (or your favorite nut butter) on a slice of apple. Place two or three banana slices on top. Then scoop some of the carrot/raisen mix on top of the bananas.
- Eat carefully, it can fall apart! Makes me feel like I'm eating a plateful of appetizers :-).