Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adopted recipe.Quick easy snack cake. The batter will be very stiff but it works out well. I left out the nuts(personal preference) and it was wonderful. It didn't last at all.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Cream butter and sugar and beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and gradually add to butter and sugar mixture.
- Gently stir in apples and nuts, and spread in buttered 8"x8" pan.
- Bake 35 minutes.
Made these last night for a late night snack. They were great. The only thing I did different is add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the butter sugar mixture. Very tasty.
This was very easy to make..and it tastes delicious. I used apples that were just past their prime, but it didn't matter. We ate it warm with milk and Cool Whip. Yummy. Thanks.
These are very good. I would bake it a little longer. 5 to 10 min. Mine wasn't quite done yet. I used one Large Gala apple, which turned out to be 2 cups. Maybe with the extra apples it needed to bake longer. And completely cool to get a nice bar.