Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 kg apple
- 1⁄4 cup flour (Maida)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar (separate)
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Peel the apples and dice them.
- In a pan pour the water, add 3 tbsp sugar and lemon juice.
- Put the apple pieces in this and boil them till soft. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl beat eggs.
- Beat into this 1/3 cup sugar and leave aside.
- Sieve flour, corn flour and baking powder.
- Fold this mixture into the egg.
- Place the apple pieces into an oven dish, sprinkle the cinnamon powder and pour the egg and flour mixture over them.
- Sprinkle some sugar on the top.
- Heat the oven at 180°C.
- Place the apples into it and cook for 20- 25 minutes till golden brown.