Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have never served this to anyone who didn't ask for seconds... even people who don't like salads (like my DH) The dressing can also be used on other salads.
- 4 cups bite size lettuce
- 4 cups spinach (more or less)
- 1 Red Delicious apple
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (I use less)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Mix dressing (will keep for a week).
- Place lettuce and spinach in a bowl.
- Right before serving, cut up apple in small bits.
- Add apple and cashews.
- Dress the salad right before serving (it will get soggy if you let it sit).
What a lovely salad! I made this for lunch today. The texture and crunch was a perfect combination for the spinach. I made an extra batch of the dressing because we definitely will be having this salad again. Thanks for sharing, Deb K.
this turned out great! If I made it again, I would use less of the dressing, though. I also added mandarin oranges and green onions (I put the green onions in the dressing so it could absorb some of the flavor)