Recipe by NoraMarie
Picked this recipe up at an apple place.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Lovely presentation, so easy to make, and perfect for company. What more could you want out of a salad? This is so delicious - although I confess to not leaving the vegetables - the mushrooms, and the onions to cook very long - I like them very al dente' but mixed the warm, delicious dressing - and there it was, perfection on a plate.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small diced onion
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 thinly sliced apples
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until desired crispness; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and mushrooms to bacon drippings. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and maple syrup; boil 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach, apples, pecans and bacon bits in salad bowl or arrange in individual salad plates.
- Toss salad with warm dressing or spoon over salad on plates.
- Serve immediately.