Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Picked this recipe up at an apple place.
Make and share this Apple & Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare dressing.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until desired crispness; remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and mushrooms to bacon drippings. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and maple syrup; boil 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach, apples, pecans and bacon bits in salad bowl or arrange in individual salad plates.
- Toss salad with warm dressing or spoon over salad on plates.
- Serve immediately.
Lovely presentation, so easy to make, and perfect for company. What more could you want out of a salad? This is so delicious - although I confess to not leaving the vegetables - the mushrooms, and the onions to cook very long - I like them very al dente' but mixed the warm, delicious dressing - and there it was, perfection on a plate.
Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe NoraMarie. We really enjoyed this sweet and tangy salad. The dressing was wonderful served warm. I loved the sauted onions and mushrooms, they were a nice contrast for the crisp apple, bacon and toasted pecans. I really enjoyed all the different tastes and textures in this salad.
I'll split the difference between my husband's vote and mine. He loved it--raved about it--wanted to lick his plate, where I just thought it was good. It was easy to make with bagged baby spinach, went together quickly. My husband said it would rival any spinach salad at any restaurant.