Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my kind of recipe, light and healthy, quick to make, and relatively few ingredients.
Make and share this Apple Spinach Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 medium granny smith apple, cored and sliced
- 6 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove to plate, and keep warm.
- Add next 4 ingredients, through apple slices, to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Return chicken and juices to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan, and toss until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve hot.
Lovely chicken dish! Easy to make with restaurant-quality results. The apple and spicy mustard were a perfect pairing. Great recipe - thanks for sharing it! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Northwest Gal)
This was really different for us. And it was positively delicious. The apple cider and firm Granny Smith apples, offset by the spicy mustard, really added a flavorful zest to this dish. I will make this again. Thanks, Pomtini. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game.
Simple recipe with delicious results.