Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Sweet potatoes were always a favorite of mine as a kid. This one is a little different and I think very good. Goes well with ham.
Top Review by Jockey
Brought this recipe to a family Thanksgiving Dinner. Couldn't get more compliments. I did not have on hand apple pie filling. See recipe "#130444" and my review. Worked out the best. Thanks ratherbe!
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the sweet potatoes, apple pie filling, raisins, 3 tablespoons butter (cut up), and apple pie spice to the slow cooker; gently stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- In a large skillet, add the pecans, sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until sugar mixture that adheres to the nuts turns golden and starts to melt.
- Pour nut mixture out onto a piece of foil; let cool completely.
- Coarsely crush the nut mixture.
- Serve potatoes topped with nuts.