Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989. Sounds different and I don't want to lose it. Yields 8 servings (1/2 cup) at 99 calories per cup.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches long
- Combine water and apple juice in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove and discard cinnamon sticks.
SOMETHING was missing from this recipe, but nobody could quite put a finger on it... either some sweetness, or some spice. It was pretty good, just a little bit bland. Thanks for posting!