- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, 2-1/2 - 3 lb., quartered
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chicken with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down in broiler pan.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat source for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned; turn chicken.
- Broil for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until tender.
- Melt apple jelly in saucepan.
- Stir in lemon juice and allspice.
- Brush chicken with half the jelly mixture.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer to serving dish; brush with remaining glaze.
- Serve with honeyed apple rings.