Recipe by chia
This was in the local paper but it is adapted from the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook.
Top Review by Barb G.
Very tasty Beef brisket, the apple juice and spices gives it a very nice flavor. I made it for company and very one really enjoyed it. Thank you so much Chia for another good recipe.
- 2267.96 g beef brisket
- 0.25 ml salt
- 591.47 ml apple juice
- 78.07 ml honey
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 29.58 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy duty tin foil, with extra on the sides.
- Add brisket.
- Salt on both sides and prick on both sides.
- Roast for 1 hour; remove from oven, drain fat.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- Mix apple juice, honey and spices, pour over brisket, cover tightly with foil, return to oven cook 2 hours.
- Remove brisket to platter.
- Pour cooking juices into a saucepan, add apple and raisins, bring to a boil lower to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until apples are tender, about 5-8 minutes slice brisket against the grain, spoon sauce over.