Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This was in the local paper but it is adapted from the Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook.
Make and share this Apple Spiced Brisket recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy duty tin foil, with extra on the sides.
- Add brisket.
- Salt on both sides and prick on both sides.
- Roast for 1 hour; remove from oven, drain fat.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- Mix apple juice, honey and spices, pour over brisket, cover tightly with foil, return to oven cook 2 hours.
- Remove brisket to platter.
- Pour cooking juices into a saucepan, add apple and raisins, bring to a boil lower to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until apples are tender, about 5-8 minutes slice brisket against the grain, spoon sauce over.
Very tasty Beef brisket, the apple juice and spices gives it a very nice flavor. I made it for company and very one really enjoyed it. Thank you so much Chia for another good recipe.
MY DH made this for our Seder this year. It was really delicious and easy to make. The only change I would make is I would use half of the honey as it was a bit too sweet for my taste. Otherwise it was heavenly!
This made a delicious, low-maintenance Christmas dinner, tender and moist. I may try making it in the crockpot the next time. Thanks!