Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Submitted by J. Simms thru Simple & Delicious and I have to say they fit both words in the title. I like adding a bit more nutmeg to the recipe as it is a favorite spice of mine.
- 2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I use 2 tsp)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup peeled apple (chopped)
- In a large bowl, comine the biscuit mix and spices.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Stir in butter and apple.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron until golden brown.
These are a nice change of pace from regular waffles. I did reduced the amount of butter to 4 tbsp. Made for Newest Zaar Tag