- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried raisins
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- milk (optional) or cream (optional)
- honey, maple syrup, sugar, brown sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, oats, salt, cinnamon and apple in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to very low. Cover and simmer for about 35 to 45 minutes, until oats are tender and water is mostly absorbed.
- Stir in milk or cream, if desired. Sprinkle raisins, walnuts and nutmeg on top. Sweeten to taste.