1/4 Photos of Apple & Spice, Naughty & Nice Bread Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
A tasty and comforting dish that is sure to please, can be made ahead in a large 9x13 OR in muffin tins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2-2 cups apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 -4 cups stale bread cubes
Sauce for the Grown Ups (Naughty)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
Sauce for the Little Ones (Nice)
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 pan (may need to use 2 pans, like a 9x13 and an 8x8, if your bread slices are big) or if making bread pudding muffins grease 12 muffin tins.
- 2Place bread cubes in a bowl.
- 3Mix together apple, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar (if using any, I find it too sweet when I add suagr but others in my family like this with added sugar), 6 eggs, and both milks, almond extract, and vanilla in a a separate bowl. Pour this mixture over bread cubes and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- 4Pour into bread mixture into the greased dish or muffin tins.
- 5Combine crumble ingredients until it looks like crumbly and sprinkle over bread pudding.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes for muffins or 40-50 minutes for 9x13 dish OR until set, watch carefully!
- 7Sauce for the Grown Ups:.
- 8Combine chips, butter, and heavy cream and melt in microwave until melted (Stirring every 30 seconds).
- 9Then mix in liqueur and serve over bread pudding!
- 10Sauce for the Little Ones:.
- 11Mix syrup and butter and place in microwave until melted (stirring every 30 seconds).
- 12Then stir in the brown sugar and microwave again until dissolved (stirring every 30 seconds).
- 13You may make this dish ahead and leave in the fridge over night, then bake in the morning.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple & Spice, Naughty & Nice Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.4
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 52.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g