Recipe by queenbeatrice
I like this muffin recipe as it is not overly sweet. The house smells wonderful as these are baking!! I have noticed in mikekey's review that he only needed half an apple to equal 3/4 cups. I use an apple and not quite a half when I make this, but I shred the apple, so I have changed this in the ingredients list.
Top Review by Outta Here
These are easy to put together and taste quite good, and not too sweet. I would personally add a bit more cinnamon and nutmeg. Also, 3/4 cup apple was about 1/2 half of a Granny Smith, and I would double that and add the whole chopped apple for a little more moistness and apple flavor. And yes, they do make the house smell good :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup apple, peeled, shredded, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in apples.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Combine and add egg, milk and vegetable oil.
- Stir only until combined. The batter should be l;umpy.
- Fill lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.