Recipe by Anomalyk
I have been looking for a recipe for apple spice cupcakes for a long time, and this one has been the best by far! You can substitute apple pulp for the shredded apple if you have some available. I use a cream cheese frosting with a little bit of apple juice concentrate mixed in, and top with a little bit of ground walnuts. Enjoy!
- 1 cup apple, shredded
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with papers or grease.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
- Alternate the flour and apple juice into the creamed mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded apple.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.