Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a magnificent dessert. Fresh apples and blackberries with a unique touch of tangy orange zest...tucked beneath a yummy, light topping. I found the original recipe in "Vegetarian," a huge cookbook with lots of great recipes. This was a hit with our big (and picky) family, and I am definitely making it again! Not at all difficult, with truly fabulous results. Oh, and it's beautiful too! What more could you ask?
- Coat large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice apples into dish.
- Rinse berries gently and scatter over top of apples.
- Sprinkle orange zest on top, and pour juice over.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, and spices in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until combined, and mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Scatter topping over fruit and press edges to seal.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until custard is golden. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream!
- If you have a smaller group to feed, just halve the recipe.