Recipe by Dizalexa
This recipe is from the "best foods" website. Looks amazing and just in time for Thanksgiving! It had good reviews so I will try this tonight!
Top Review by rachelmiller440
We were not impressed with this. I think the cook time was too long. I took out the cake 5 minutes early, and it was still over done and dry. I followed the recipe exactly except for the bake time. It didn't have much flavor either. A little bland. Could be it just wasn't the type of cake we were looking for.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups hellmann's or best foods real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup hellmann's or best foods real mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- For Apple Cake, preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and vanilla until smooth.
- Toss apples with flour mixture, then stir in mayonnaise mixture until combined. Dough will be stiff. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- For Crumb Topping, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients. With fingers, gently squeeze flour mixture to form crumbs; evenly sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crumbs are golden. On wire rack, cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.