Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Enjoy these moist cookies with a cup of tea or glass of milk!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F; grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until well blended.
- Beat in the eggs and apple juice.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in the apple and pecans.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
Soft and moist cookies with good flavor. I only put 3 tablespoons of apple juice because I wanted the cookies to form rather than spread out and added one-half cup of rolled oats. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #29 Event and in the Hot, Spicy and Tasty Event in the Photo Forum June 2009.