Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
Found that on the back of a Cool-Whip label and it is a favourite for potlucks. This recipe is for an 8-inch round, but I normally double it for a 9X13-inch cake.
Top Review by Donna Luckadoo
This Cake reminded me of a fruit and Bread Pudding, very moist and delicious. We had this today served with Ice Cream and Coffee, what a treat for the fall (and Apple) season.
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 10 ounces apple pie filling (1/2 can)
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice or 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch pan.
- Combine the ingredients from cool whip to the spices.
- Pulse in a food processor for 10 to 15 times (do not over process).
- In a large bowl, mix with the 2 1/2 cups Bisquick mix.
- Stir gently about 20 strokes until well mixed, moist, yet still lumpy.
- Spread into pan.
- Mix the crumb ingredients cold butter to 1/3 cup oatmeal until well mixed and crumbly.
- Put on the batter in pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix the icing ingredients and add half & half until the icing is not too fluid.
- Drizzle over the warm, not hot cake.