1/2 Photos of Apple Spice Cake With Pecan Frangelico Glaze
1 hr 5 mins
An Autumn treat to warm the belly! This dark spicy cake studded with golden gems of apples and topped with sweet nuggets of creamy richness. If making in a smaller pan do add a couple minutes more for baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large granny smith apples, diced (1.8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup Frangelico
Nutty Glaze Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour a 10 x 15 pan.
- 3In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- 4Place diced apple in a bowl pour cider and frangelico over the apples.
- 5In a medium bowl combine eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to dry ingredients, just until moistened. Stir in apples mixture to just blend inches.
- 6Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile in a small saucepan melt butter till sizzling stop and starts to brown slightly add nuts cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat while carefully pouring Frangelico into nuts. Place back over flame add sugar, mix in then add cream.
- 9Cook and stir till bubbly and all of the sugar is dissolved.
- 10with a fork carefully pierce the cake then drizzle warm sauce over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Spice Cake With Pecan Frangelico Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: