Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is just a great cake that a friend made for a group of ladies on a golf outing. We had it for breakfast! Thanks, Annette
- 1 1⁄3 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 cups granny smith apples
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- In mixer, put in oil, sugar, eggs; mix.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add to the oil mixture and mix well.
- Chop the apples and walnuts.
- Stir in the apples and walnuts.
- Bake at 350° about 80 minutes.
- Sauce: Cook the brown sugar, butter and pinch of salt on top of stove until thick. Pour over cooled cake.
I didn't make the cake, just the sauce. Very quick and yummy. I added 2 Tablespoons of 2 % milk as well. Thanks!