Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Need a lower calorie version of a wonderful cake?
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 6 egg whites or 1 1⁄2 cups fat free egg substitute like Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Spary 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (the stuff with flour is good, if you have it) and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the honey, spenda, applesauce and egg whites together.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, allspice, and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the egg mixture.
- Fold in the apples and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minues, or until a toothpick, inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from pan.