Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and fast, another doctored cake mix recipe. Great if unexpected company arrives, made with cupboard staples. Dust with confectioners sugar or even use a chocolate glaze.
- 18 ounces spice cake mix, i usually use duncan hines
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- I use Bakers Joy spray.
- Put apple pie filling in large bowl and chop large pieces of apple into small pieces.
- Add spice cake mix, ground cinnamon and the 3 beaten eggs.
- Beat for 1 minute on low speed.
- Scrape sides of bowl.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for at least 1 hour.
- Invert onto serving plate.
this is fab!!!!i had this as akids and went to look for the recipe and tried it tonight in hopes it would be ti and it was......only thing is i was almost out of cinnamon so i use 1/2 of it and 1 1/2 of pumkin pie spice thanks
Very yummy! I was looking for a recipe without a ton of butter in it, and this worked great! It's a little heavier than a regular cake, and would be great for breakfast. I used liquid egg substitute (a little more than 3/4 cup) and most of a quart jar of homemade apple pie filling. My MIL drizzled a bit of her butter icing along the top, and it was tasty (she wouldn't tell me how to make it!). I was worried that it wouldn't be moist, but boy, was I wrong!! Definitely a do-again. Thanks!!
This is one of my favourite cakes cos its spicy and sweet at the same time and tastes wonderful if you like a mix of a little spicy and a little sweet cake. When I'd made this one in Oman, my family fell in love with it! This one's a keeper and real easy to make!