Recipe by Tierney's Mom
This is my mom's recipe, just tweaked to make it a little more spicy. It is very moist and not terribly sweet.
Top Review by RuthlessWr
This is a good, fairly easy dessert to make. It was moist and just spicy enough, but fairly mild. My family ate it up, as did my teenaged daughters friends. I used exactly the ingredients called for and it turned out well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Add eggs, beating well after each.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
- Stir in apples until just mixed.
- Pour into floured, ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle nuts on top, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.