Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another recipe from "101 Things to do with a Cake Mix" by Stephanie Ashcraft. A fun little soft covered book my gran gave me!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, slice and core the apples.
- Dice the apples into small pieces.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
- Stir apples into batter.
- Pour cake into a 9x13-inch greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking,combine sweetened condensed milk,sour cream and lemon juice.
- Take cake from oven and spread sour cream mixture over top; return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Cool cake and serve-- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Didn't think I would like the top, since you pour things over it, after baking...but, loved it! Tastes like a good "old fashioned" cake recipe!